- 2 eggs
- 100g butter or brick margarine
- 150g (¾ cup) Huletts White Sugar
- 1ml salt
- 170g (1 cup) dried apricots, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1ml vanilla essence
- 15ml (1 Tablespoon) milk
- 100g (3½ cups) rice crispies
- Coconut for coating
- Combine the butter, sugar, salt and apricots in a heavy bottomed
saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the vanilla essence and milk. Stir into the apricot mixture. Return to very low heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring vigorously. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice crispies, leave to cool.
- When cold, roll the mixture into balls. Toss the balls in coconut.
- You may place the balls into sweet cases if desired.
Suggestions / Comments:
Makes 45 - 50.